Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by callme_sanjay <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/30 11:05:07 UTC

Manage Tables.

Hello Team,

I came across a scenario where I have 3 tables in a database and now using
the DDlutils , I put a details about 4th new table (only details of 4th
table) in the schema file and run the DDLutils

Results are , only the fourth table is create other 3 which were already
there are no more in the database

Now if I want to want to have all four to be there .. then one way is

before Starting with DDlutils , I should get the schema from the existing
database( which is nothing but a schema file with details about the existing
3 tables) , add the details of 4th one ( a new one) and again run DDlutils
dum the updated schema to the database.

But is there any flag we can set somewhere so that if we can directly run
the schema ony with 4th table updates then it should not drop the older 3
tables.

Please reply
-Sanjay

Re: Manage Tables.

Posted by Ricardo Palomares <rp...@yahoo.es>.
callme_sanjay escribió:
> I came across a scenario where I have 3 tables in a database and now using
> the DDlutils , I put a details about 4th new table (only details of 4th
> table) in the schema file and run the DDLutils
>
> Results are , only the fourth table is create other 3 which were already
> there are no more in the database
>
> Now if I want to want to have all four to be there .. then one way is
> before Starting with DDlutils , I should get the schema from the existing
> database( which is nothing but a schema file with details about the existing
> 3 tables) , add the details of 4th one ( a new one) and again run DDlutils
> dum the updated schema to the database.
>
> But is there any flag we can set somewhere so that if we can directly run
> the schema ony with 4th table updates then it should not drop the older 3
> tables.

The way I understand DdlUtils, the schema file has the schema for the
whole database. You put the design of all four tables and DdlUtils
will touch just the missing tables (and fields, if any). And I must
add that it is great: you define your database in the schema file and
DdlUtils makes sure the database matches your schema (some changes,
though could need several steps).

HTH

Disclaimer: I'm just a newbie user, not a DdlUtils developer.

--
A bad random number generator:  1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4.33e+67, 1, 1, 1 (T@g)
* TagZilla 0.066 *