Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Carlos Alonso <ca...@unkasoft.com> on 2008/11/12 12:59:12 UTC

Executions and configs defined in parent's pluginManagement inherited in childs

Hi all.

I have a multimodule project that owns a common parent for all sub
modules. This common parent is just a "pom" packaging pom which I want
to specify some executions and configurations that his children will
inherit.

I enclose now some a code snippet that I have tried without any success
and it's frustrating. Around the snippet below I have tried changing
things but without a result.

parent pom.xml

<modules>
        <module>myModule</module>
    </modules>

    <build>
        <pluginManagement>
            <plugins>
                <plugin>
                    <inherited>true</inherited>
                    <groupId>com.pyx4me</groupId>
                    <artifactId>j2me-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                    <executions>
                        <execution>
                            <id>preverification</id>
                            <goals>
                                <goal>preverify</goal>
                            </goals>
                            <configuration>

<injar>${project.basedir}/target/classes/</injar>
                            </configuration>
                        </execution>
                        <execution>
                            <id>j2me-package</id>
                            <goals>
                                <goal>package</goal>
                            </goals>
                        </execution>
                    </executions>
                    <configuration>
                        <assembly>
                            <exclusions>
                                    .
                                    .
                                    .
                                    .
                            </exclusions>
                        </assembly>
                         <inherited>true</inherited>
                        <wtkHome>C:\WTK25</wtkHome>
                        <useWtkLibs>true</useWtkLibs>
                        <appendClassifier>false</appendClassifier>

<proguardInclude>${project.basedir}/src/main/configs/ConfigurationProguard.cfg</proguardInclude>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>
            </plugins>
        </pluginManagement>

myModule pom.xml

       <build>
          <plugins>
             .
             .
            <plugin>
                <inherited>true</inherited>
                <groupId>com.pyx4me</groupId>
                <artifactId>j2me-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>preverify</goal>
                            <goal>package</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
             .
             .
          </plugins>
         .
          .
        </build>

Thanks in advance.
Carlos

--
Carlos Alonso Pérez
Unkasoft Development Department

E-mail: calonso@unkasoft.com
Phone: +34 902 110 368
Mobile: +34 653 67 47 07
Fax: +34 923 19 77 84
Web site:  www.unkasoft.com
Join GameSpace community at http://unkasoft.mobi

C/Segunda nº 2, 1º izqda, C-D,
P.I. Montalvo III,
37188 - Carbajosa de la Sagrada
Salamanca - SPAIN

This message may contain confidential information or privileged material,
and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not in the
named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete,
or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result
of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a
hard-copy version.