Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> on 2005/09/20 16:15:40 UTC

[Axis2] Next release

Hi all,

Most of the critical stuff we were thinking of doing for the next alpha
release have now been completed.  The only critical thing I see is the
new data binding code we gonna have.

Glen, can we know the progress on that please ...?.

And I also think that we should cut alpha as soon as we can. We have lot
of stuff fixed since last release and we have some more features to offer.

I earlier proposed to have the release on this 23rd. But hope can we
delay it maximum a day or two and have the data binding code also in to
alpha ?

What do you all think on this .....

Regards,
Chinthaka ....

Re: [Axis2] Next release

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 01:06 -0400, Glen Daniels wrote:

> Also, I might suggest that something like 0.92 would be a better name than
> "1.0 alpha" (wasn't that the whole point of 0.91 instead of 0.95, to enable
> more interim releases before 1.0?).

We're basically done in terms of features- except for the DB part that
you are doing :).

At this point it *is* an alpha release of 1.0 ...

Sanjiva.

Re: [Axis2] Next release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
I am travelling, with laptop, but still I doubt I'll get things "done
enough" in the next day or two with all the meetings going on.  I'll have
some time at night and on the plane from Seattle to SF.

Go ahead and cut the release without the simple DB stuff, and we'll put it
in the next one.

Also, I might suggest that something like 0.92 would be a better name than
"1.0 alpha" (wasn't that the whole point of 0.91 instead of 0.95, to enable
more interim releases before 1.0?).

--Glen

Re: [Axis2] Next release

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.