Posted to user@spark.apache.org by shahab <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/03 14:48:18 UTC

(Unknown)

 I did an experiment with Hive and SQL context , I queried Cassandra
using CassandraAwareSQLContext
(a custom SQL context from Calliope) , then I registered the "rdd" as a
temp table , next I tried to query it using HiveContext, but it seems that
hive context can not see the registered table suing SQL context. Is this a
normal case?

Stack trace:

 ERROR hive.ql.metadata.Hive -
NoSuchObjectException(message:default.MyTableName table not found)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.get_table(
HiveMetaStore.java:1373)

NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingHMSHandler.invoke(
RetryingHMSHandler.java:103)

best,
/Shahab