Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Gaurav Kalia <ga...@techblue.co.uk> on 2010/06/09 09:01:59 UTC

Adding Products to Cloned Ecommerce Application

Hi All

I created a new cloned ecommerce application successfully and now i
would like to add product for that particular cloned application. For
this i have done the following:

1. Created a Party.
2. Created a Website.
3. Created a Store.
4. Created a  Catalog.
5. Created a Category.
6. Created a Product.

And the product created is accessible in ecommerce application
(original)  but not in cloned one. Everytime i try to view the product
with the URL in cloned application i get following error.

Please suggest.

Regards
Gaurav

Re: Adding Products to Cloned Ecommerce Application

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
May be you have setup the same catalog to both product store.

Rishi Solanki
Manager, Enterprise Software Development
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Posted by kaliagaurav <ga...@techblue.co.uk>.
Hi Atul

Posted by Atul Vani <at...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Gaurav,

please check if both the websites share same productStoreId.

--
Thanks & Regards
Atul Vani

Posted by Atul Vani <at...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
hi Gaurav,

you need to restart the server after adding it, if you have used uiLabel
for it,
if it works correctly, then first error should disappear.

to correct myself, it needs to be added in main-decorator only,
I mis-typed 'screen' too in previous reply.

Posted by kaliagaurav <ga...@techblue.co.uk>.
Hi Shubham

Thanks for the suggestion.

I can see the product I have created for the cloned application with the
same template without any exception. :)

Thanks alot everyone for the ideas.

But now I have another question ;)

Why these product are coming in the main application. Do I need to configure
anything else so that product of one application should not be visible in
other

Posted by Shubham Dubey <sh...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Gaurav

Check your ProductStore Data specially the field *inventoryFacilityId*

Thanks & Regards
Shubham Dubey

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Atul Vani" <at...@hotwaxmedia.com>
> Hi Gaurav,
>
> check your main-decorator and if not there then screen for this
> <set field="layoutSettings.companyName" from-field="..."/>
>
> you might wanna use a uiLabel for the from-field value.
>    <property key="CompanyName">
>        <value xml:lang="en">My Company</value>
>    </property>
>

> I always wondered why don't we have
> ${layoutSettings.companyName}
> replaced by
> ${layoutSettings.companyName?if_exists}
> in all themes.

Maybe because it's better to show the error and fix it than to hide it (I did not check into details, just a quick answer)

Jacques

Posted by Atul Vani <at...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Gaurav,

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Okay so you should have a WebSite record that represents your store with an ID of demosite, you can confirm that it is in the list found at: Content -> WebSites
If you click on that record (if it is there) then there should be a Product Store assigned in the form that is displayed.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Gaurav,

I know it isn't obvious but buried in that exception is this:
>> at ProductSummary.run(ProductSummary.groovy:44)

That line of code is attempting to access the ProductStore for the website which the code couldn't seem to find.
- Have you set the webSiteId in your web.xml file to point to your WebSite's webSiteId?
- Have you set a productStoreId on your WebSite record?

I'm guessing the answer to one of those is no and if you fix that then it should work correctly.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com