Posted to cvs@httpd.apache.org by pq...@apache.org on 2004/11/22 23:55:36 UTC

svn commit: r106229 - /httpd/site/branches/css-test

Author: pquerna
Date: Mon Nov 22 14:55:35 2004
New Revision: 106229

Added:
   httpd/site/branches/css-test/
      - copied from r106228, httpd/site/trunk/
Log:
create a copy of the trunk to test out a CSS based website.

Re: new website, was Re: svn commit: r106229 - /httpd/site/branches/css-test

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Paul Querna wrote:

> Another ping, it is nearing the end of February :)
>
> If he is busy, thats fine, I was just holding off on playing with it
> myself if someone who knows more was going to hack on it...

Last week we've talked on the phone about the stuff.
I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable to say again, that he's working on it - but
he does (and he *is* busy, thatswhy this is so slow...)

Hmmm. Hmmm. Perhaps we shouldn't hold on the development and decide later,
which version we should take?

nd
--
"Das Verhalten von Gates hatte mir bewiesen, dass ich auf ihn und seine
beiden Gefährten nicht zu zählen brauchte" -- Karl May, "Winnetou III"

Im Westen was neues: <http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>

new website, was Re: svn commit: r106229 - /httpd/site/branches/css-test

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.
André Malo wrote:
> * Paul Querna wrote:
>

>>Just a ping, has there been any progress on this?
>

> yep. He's analyzing the current httpd site and said, he could come up with a
> suggestion within January.
>
> nd

Another ping, it is nearing the end of February :)

If he is busy, thats fine, I was just holding off on playing with it
myself if someone who knows more was going to hack on it...

-Paul

Re: svn commit: r106229 - /httpd/site/branches/css-test

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.

Winnetous Erbe: <http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>

Re: svn commit: r106229 - /httpd/site/branches/css-test

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.
André Malo wrote:
> * Yoshiki Hayashi <yo...@xemacs.org> wrote:
>

>>++1.  I'm ready to help, too.  I was playing with web site
>>documentation to start providing translation of those pages
>>and wondered why we haven't moved to CSS yet.
>

> Just wanted to let you know: I've talked to the guy, who made a lot of base
> design work for the docs layout (Gernot Winkler) and asked him, if he
> could do some outlines for the website, too. If this is ok for you -- he'd
> start working on it mid/late december.
>
> nd

Just a ping, has there been any progress on this?

Thanks,

-Paul

Re: svn commit: r106229 - /httpd/site/branches/css-test

Posted by Yoshiki Hayashi <yo...@xemacs.org>.
André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> writes:

> * Yoshiki Hayashi <yo...@xemacs.org> wrote:
>
>> ++1.  I'm ready to help, too.  I was playing with web site
>> documentation to start providing translation of those pages
>> and wondered why we haven't moved to CSS yet.
>
> Just wanted to let you know: I've talked to the guy, who made a lot of base
> design work for the docs layout (Gernot Winkler) and asked him, if he
> could do some outlines for the website, too. If this is ok for you -- he'd
> start working on it mid/late december.

I'm no way in a rush so I don't have problem with that.

--
Yoshiki Hayashi

Re: svn commit: r106229 - /httpd/site/branches/css-test

Posted by Yoshiki Hayashi <yo...@xemacs.org>.

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Yoshiki Hayashi <yo...@xemacs.org> wrote:

> ++1.  I'm ready to help, too.  I was playing with web site
> documentation to start providing translation of those pages
> and wondered why we haven't moved to CSS yet.

Just wanted to let you know: I've talked to the guy, who made a lot of base
design work for the docs layout (Gernot Winkler) and asked him, if he
could do some outlines for the website, too. If this is ok for you -- he'd
start working on it mid/late december.

nd
--
package Hacker::Perl::Another::Just;print
qq~@{[reverse split/::/ =>__PACKAGE__]}~;

#  André Malo  #  http://pub.perlig.de  #

Re: svn commit: r106229 - /httpd/site/branches/css-test

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.

Posted by Yoshiki Hayashi <yo...@xemacs.org>.

Posted by Yoshiki Hayashi <yo...@xemacs.org>.

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* pquerna@apache.org wrote:

> Author: pquerna
> Date: Mon Nov 22 14:55:35 2004
> New Revision: 106229
>
> Added:
>    httpd/site/branches/css-test/
>       - copied from r106228, httpd/site/trunk/
> Log:
> create a copy of the trunk to test out a CSS based website.

FWIW: I'd really like something based on what the docs are built on
(semantically and syntactically valid xhtml strict, valid CSS and perhaps the
build system [which is in stage of being rebuilt currently ;-)]).

And I'm ready to help.

nd
--
Das, was ich nicht kenne, spielt stückzahlmäßig *keine* Rolle.

                                   -- Helmut Schellong in dclc

Re: svn commit: r106229 - /httpd/site/branches/css-test

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.