Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com> on 2014/12/01 15:13:08 UTC

Re: Why qpid-tools is deleted in trusty?

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 05:29:33PM -0700, smartdog wrote:
> What is the alternative to get the qpid-tools?
>
> http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/core/trusty/universe/base/qpid-tools

Hi, I'm not entirely sure why the base Ubuntu 14 package set would not
have qpid-tools. However, we do have Qpid 0.28 packages in our team's
testing  PPA [1] for Precise and Trusty. These are considered unstable
currently (use at your own risk) but will eventually migrate to our
release PPA [2] once they're more fully tested.

I do know that, for Debian Jessie, Qpid Proton 0.7 is going to be included.
But I don't know the exact status of the Qpid C++ package set. They were
at 0.16, and I submitted the 0.28 package set a while back to be included
and will ping others in the Middleware Packaging team to see what's the
status of it.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~mcpierce/+archive/ubuntu/qpid-testing
[2] https://launchpad.net/~qpid/+archive/ubuntu/released

Delivering value year after year.