Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by Tim Diggins <ti...@red56.co.uk> on 2007/05/03 09:29:31 UTC

IVYDE-43 patch newby question

regarding IVYDE-43 (New resolver allows project linking within the
workspace, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-43)

This looks great, and just what I need to integrate ivy into my
eclipse-developed, ant-built project.

Q1: Is it likely to make it into svn soon? I would love to try this
out.  Is there a way I can help this? Maybe just by trying it out and
giving feedback...   I'm not much of a patch expert, - so would you
allow for the following very newby question:

Q2: do I have to svn co the specific revision (r608) that was patched in
order to patch (then I assume I can try to update to head, if there
aren't any major conflicts). And I assume I have to use something like
(ie there's no nifty way of doing this automatically in eclipse).

many thanks

Tim

--

---------------
  Tim Diggins

Re: IVYDE-43 patch newby question

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 5/3/07, Tim Diggins <ti...@red56.co.uk> wrote:
> regarding IVYDE-43 (New resolver allows project linking within the
> workspace, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-43)
>
> This looks great, and just what I need to integrate ivy into my
> eclipse-developed, ant-built project.
>
> Q1: Is it likely to make it into svn soon? I would love to try this
> out.  Is there a way I can help this? Maybe just by trying it out and
> giving feedback...   I'm not much of a patch expert, - so would you
> allow for the following very newby question:
It is likely to in svn, but we still need:
- to update it to latest svn version
- to make more tests, since the author himself seemed to say there are
some stability issues once the patch is applied
- maybe try to get better integration with Ivy, without needing any
specific settings (will certainly require some modifications in Ivy
core)

Any help on these subjects is welcome!

> Q2: do I have to svn co the specific revision (r608) that was patched in
> order to patch (then I assume I can try to update to head, if there
> aren't any major conflicts). And I assume I have to use something like
> (ie there's no nifty way of doing this automatically in eclipse).
In eclipse if you use an svn plugin you can ask eclipse to apply the
patch to a checked out version, or you can also ask it to merge the
patch. But if there were too many changes since the patch, it is
likely that most of the work will be done by hand. Not enough time
right now to see if this is the case for this patch or not...

Xavier

> many thanks
>
> Tim
>
> --