Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2015/02/20 10:03:39 UTC

Working on Azure compute provider

Hi JClouds community,
I am interested in contributing to the Azure compute provider with
target of completing its implementation, as part of Eduard's team with a
focus on Azure.

Is there anyone actively working on this [1]?
I see as initial directions to implement methods in [2] and to change
the deprecated implementations in [3]: am I missing something?

I have prepared a first pull request [4] which fixes some troubles I've
found with live (e.g. against an actual Azure subscription) test execution.
WDYT?

Regards.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-664
[2]
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/blob/master/azurecompute/src/main/java/org/jclouds/azurecompute/compute/AzureComputeServiceAdapter.java
[3]
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/blob/master/azurecompute/src/main/java/org/jclouds/azurecompute/config/AzureComputeHttpApiModule.java
[4] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/pull/137

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Working on Azure compute provider

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Il 20/02/2015 10:03, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
> Hi JClouds community,
> I am interested in contributing to the Azure compute provider with
> target of completing its implementation, as part of Eduard's team with
> a focus on Azure.

Hi All, like as Francesco, I'm going to contribute to the Azure provider
as part of the same team.
I'm looking forward for a preliminary coordination phase.

Regards,
F.

> Is there anyone actively working on this [1]?
> I see as initial directions to implement methods in [2] and to change
> the deprecated implementations in [3]: am I missing something?
>
> I have prepared a first pull request [4] which fixes some troubles
> I've found with live (e.g. against an actual Azure subscription) test
> execution.
> WDYT?
>
> Regards.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-664
> [2]
> https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/blob/master/azurecompute/src/main/java/org/jclouds/azurecompute/compute/AzureComputeServiceAdapter.java
> [3]
> https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/blob/master/azurecompute/src/main/java/org/jclouds/azurecompute/config/AzureComputeHttpApiModule.java
> [4] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/pull/137

--
Fabio Martelli

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

Apache Syncope PMC
http://people.apache.org/~fmartelli/

RE: Working on Azure compute provider

Posted by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com>.
Set up a GitHub user for this kid and subscribe ot to the project?

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi there!

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Turli <an...@gmail.com>.
Francesco,

thanks for your update and for your effort!

I think #135 is almost ready to be merged, I think we are waiting to close
the main pending discussion on
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/pull/135#discussion-diff-24976668

I like both the idea of splitting JCLOUDS-164 in multiple subtasks or
simply create a new set of JIRA ISSUES to improve Azure compute
implmentation.

Best,
Andrea

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.