Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by nafise hassani <na...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/23 14:58:47 UTC

keep indexes as files or save them in database

Hi
I want to know from the performance point of view it
is better to save lucene indexes in database or use
them as files???
suggestion??
best regards

Re: keep indexes as files or save them in database

Posted by Andi Vajda <an...@osafoundation.org>.
> On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 22:09 -0800, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
>> A number of people have tried putting Lucene indices in RDBMS.  As far
>> as I know, all were slower than FSDirectory.
>
> Do you know if the Berkeley DB back end also has a performance hit?

Try it, it all depends on how you configure it. And that depends on your
needs. I posted examples to the list last week.

Andi..

Re: keep indexes as files or save them in database

Posted by Miles Barr <mi...@runtime-collective.com>.

--
Miles Barr <mi...@runtime-collective.com>
Runtime Collective Ltd.

Re: keep indexes as files or save them in database

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
A number of people have tried putting Lucene indices in RDBMS.  As far
as I know, all were slower than FSDirectory.

Otis