Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Daniel Loebbe <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/11 10:23:06 UTC

Changing JSF scenario at runtime

Hi,

I am developing a large web-application with JSF and myFaces, which
must be capable of handling different mandators / clients. The
application has some common functionality and a lot of
mandator/client-specific stuff (pages, navigation, css, a.s.o.).

With respect to some organizational limitations of the underlying
J2EE-framework we decided not to implement separate web applications.
But keeping all mandators /clients together in a common configuration
does not satisfy us.

For me the most reasonable solution would be to load / change the
JSF-scenario (beans, navigation rules, validator...) dynamically at
runtime, maybe not from config files but from a database.

As I see the JSF-API does not provide this functionality. Does anyone
has already experience with such applications? How can this be solved?

Thanks for helping,

Daniel

Re: Changing JSF scenario at runtime

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
You can also access to the information of the faces configuration at runtime
using the RuntimeConfig singleton (only with myfaces implementation, AFAIK).

RuntimeConfig.getCurrentInstance(externalContext)

You can access from there to the registered navigation rules, managed
beans, and modify them at runtime...

Maybe this helps,

Bruno