Posted to users@maven.apache.org by brewk9 <ke...@pearson.com> on 2007/12/12 23:58:17 UTC

problem with release plugin adding release-pom.xml to perforce

I am using -DgenerateReleasePoms=true. When I run release:prepare, maven
creates and adds the release-pom.xml to perforce. Then, when I run
release:perform, maven deletes release-pom.xml from perforce. Then, when I
run release:prepare for a subsequent release, maven fails to readd
release-pom.xml to perforce and gives this error 'Unknown input:
//pem_rd/portal/development/code/mainbea10/maven-jee-shared-lib-plugin/release-pom.xml
- can't add (already opened for edit)' which comes directly from perforce.
It seems that maven is trying to add the file when it should be editing it.

Is this a bug? Anyone else using perforce + generateReleasePoms=true
successfully?