Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Chris Buckley <ch...@puresrc.com> on 2015/08/19 04:35:42 UTC

Wanting to help

Hi,

I've just download the source from github and have it building here.  I'm
wanting to help by fixing bugs or working on features.  Please let me know
if there is something I can help with.  I'm really interested in learning
the ins and outs of hdfs

*Chris Buckley *
*Strategist  |  Entrepreneur  |  Founder*
e: chris.buckley@puresrc.com  |  m: +1 503.709.0096  |  twitter: @cn_buckley

Pure Source  outsourcing. excellence.  PureSrc.com
<https://www.puresrc.com/>

Re: Wanting to help

Posted by David Gruzman <dg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,
Thank you for the interest in our project. Lets think together what part is
most interesting for you. In ImpalaToGo we repalced HDFS with our caching
layer, and than we added Tachyon. Tachyon is our strategic choice because
of it's storage hierarchy.  I believe study how we work with it and making
it work better - is very relevant experience in a near future.
My personal believe is that Tachyon will partially replace HDFS in many
cloud installations , where it will be used (and already is used) to cache
S3 (or other object store) access.
I can also speculate that Tachyon will be for Spark as HDFS to MapReduce...
With best regards,
David

Re: Wanting to help

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks for the interest, Chris. Look forward to your contributions.

You might want to use user@ list for questions on using Hadoop, and
individual dev lists (common-dev, hdfs-dev, yarn-dev, mapreduce-dev) for
help with development or any discussions. general@ is primarily for
announcements to the general public at large.

Re: Wanting to help

Posted by Chris Buckley <ch...@puresrc.com>.
Hi Esteban,

Re: Wanting to help