Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Kirchgessner, Lisa" <li...@fanniemae.com> on 2005/08/04 16:19:23 UTC

Rendering Not Correct on First Visit to Page

Hello,

I am attempting to dynamically render components on a page during first
visit (using request-scope beans), specifically datatable components
(rendering via value-binding), as well optionally addMessage for a
h:message component. The datatable rendering appears to pick up the
default rendering when bean first created. As well, any message added
during processing is not displayed.

Background:
When page first accessed, I'm trying to build a datatable based on
current dates. When there is no data, I'm attempting to display a
message and not render the datatable. Tracing indicates that isRendered
is false. However, the page is displayed with the Table rendered and no
message displayed. I use x:Savestate (myFaces) for subsequent requests,
so all is fine then.

Can anyone help?

Best Regards,
Lisa Blue-in-the-Faces

The electronic mail message you have received and any files transmitted
with it are privileged & confidential and solely for the intended
addressee(s)'s attention.  The message and any files transmitted are
draft versions unless explicitly stated as otherwise.   Do not divulge,
copy, forward, or use the contents, attachments, or information without
permission of Fannie Mae.  Information contained in this message is
provided solely for the purpose stated in the message or its
attachment(s) and must not be disclosed to any third party or used for
any other purpose without consent of Fannie Mae.  If you have received
this message and/or any files transmitted with it in error, please
delete them from your system, destroy any hard copies of them, and
contact the sender.