Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2004/09/04 01:09:54 UTC

Re: shifting the midpoint between the average spam and average ham

Re: shifting the midpoint between the average spam and average ham

Posted by Joe Emenaker <jo...@emenaker.com>.
Justin Mason wrote:

>that sounds pretty cool.  suggestion: get it to record what rules
>hit and what those rules' scores were.

Actually, I'm already doing it for Bayes. When I turned off autolearning
and went solely with manual-training of the Bayes db, I was interested
to see if Bayes, alone, was significantly more accurate than the entire
set of the SA rules. If so, then I'd increase the weighting of Bayes
significantly.

- Joe

--
When freedom gives way to tyranny, it is not because tyranny comes
dressed as a wolf. Rather, it comes dressed as a shepherd,