Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Shachi Rai <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/12 14:56:37 UTC

how to update openssl version in apache http server withoug upgrading apache webserver version

Dear All,

I need help in the following.

We are using apache webserver (2.2.3x) with openssl (0.9.8e-fips-rhel5).

Due to security reasons , we have to upgrade openssl to 0.9.8za. The
platform is linux.

Please let us know if its possible to upgrade openssl without upgrading the
server. If yes, briefly let me know the steps.

Thanks in advance

Re: how to update openssl version in apache http server withoug upgrading apache webserver version

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 8:56 AM, Shachi Rai <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I need help in the following.
>
> We are using apache webserver (2.2.3x) with openssl (0.9.8e-fips-rhel5).
>
> Due to security reasons , we have to upgrade openssl to 0.9.8za. The
> platform is linux.
>
> Please let us know if its possible to upgrade openssl without upgrading the
> server. If yes, briefly let me know the steps.

This list is for development discussions, not support.  If you didn't
build these packages yourself the first time, it's probably a mistake
to try to rebuild half of them yourself.  I'd suggest working with
your vendor and peers (including users@httpd.apache.org) to get a
better understanding.

--
Eric Covener