Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ma...@cognizant.com on 2017/01/11 03:23:57 UTC

Questions on Client Reconnect and Client Cache

Hi,

Appreciate if anyone can answers below questions

1.       In case if Ignite server is restarted, I need to restart the client (web applications). Is there any way client can reconnect to server on server restart. I know when server restarts it allocates a different ID and because of this the current existing connection becomes stale. Is there way to overcome this problem and if so, which version of Ignite supports this feature. Currently I utilize version 1.7

2.       Can I have client cache like how Ehcache provides. I don't want client cache as a front-end to a distributed cache. When I looked at the Near Cache API, it doesn't have cache name properties like cache configuration and it acts only as a front-end to a distributed cache. Is it possible to create client only cache in Ignite

3.       If I have a large object to cache, I find Serialization and Deserialization takes a longer time in Ignite and retrieving from distributed cache is slow. Is there any way we can speed up large objects retrieval from Ignite DataGrid.

Regards,
Mani
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.

RE: Questions on Client Reconnect and Client Cache

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mani,

Cache configuration will indeed be broadcasted - that's how cache start
procedure currently works, it doesn't depend on cache mode. However, if
cache mode is LOCAL, the data will be stored only the node where you created
it.

-Val

RE: Questions on Client Reconnect and Client Cache

Posted by Ma...@cognizant.com.
Hi Val,

Am creating the cache in by turning on "clientMode" and creating Local cache. All those cache are getting created in server (data nodes). Is there is a way I can create client cache with "clientMode" set as true.