Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Henrik Vendelbo <hv...@bluprints.com> on 2003/11/13 17:50:10 UTC

Berkeley DBXML Repository

I would like to use Berkeley DBXML to store the mail etc. Am I taking on a
big task writing a repository implementation for that ?

Henrik

RE: Berkeley DBXML Repository

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I would like to use Berkeley DBXML to store the mail etc.

Read the interface, and then existing code, such as the JDBC repository
code, for a start.

As for how much work, that depends upon how easily you can use their
interface, e.g., XPath.

	--- Noel

RE: Berkeley DBXML Repository

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I'd like to see how you intend to wrapper the MimeMessage as XML and
> what you'll store as structured data.

Personally, I'd start with XML for the envelope and headers, and CDATA for
the body.  I don't think that I'd try to map MIME parts to XML elements at
first, but that could actually be very interesting for certain applications.

	--- Noel

RE: Berkeley DBXML Repository

Posted by Jason Webb <jw...@inovem.com>.
It's not much fun, but it's not that hard either
It depends if you want to store just user email in it, or also store the
contents of the mail spool as well. The later is more difficult as it
requires more sophistication. I'd recommend you look at the JDBC
repostiory first.
If DBXML has a method of accessing objects by key (obvious I know) and
has a simple method of serializing Java objects to disk then it should
be quite easy
I'd like to see how you intend to wrapper the MimeMessage as XML and
what you'll store as structured data.

-- Jason