Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by INDRANIL BASU <in...@yahoo.com> on 2016/08/08 11:29:30 UTC

Verify cassandra backup and restore in C * 2.1

Hello,
   How can we verify that cassandra data is backed up and restored correctly?

-- IB

Re: Verify cassandra backup and restore in C * 2.1

Posted by Riccardo Ferrari <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Indranil,

I think it really depends on what makes a backup "correct" for you. Do you
have some test you can run on that data?
When I want to test my data I usually restore it in a new cluster (ie. on
AWS) and use Spark to perform some cross-tests. This is a bit cumbersome
nevertheless does the trick.

Best,

Posted by Rajath Subramanyam <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Indranil,