Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> on 2019/10/29 09:11:47 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Hi,

As 0.8.1 has been released, the release of 0.9.0 could start.

I would like to do the release manager of 0.9.0, and I gathered the change list:

## New Features

* IOTDB-143Compaction of data file
* IOTDB-205Support storage-group-level Time To Live (TTL)
* IoTDB 226Hive connect TsFile
* IOTDB-188Delete storage group
* IOTDB-253support time expression
* IOTDB-239Add interface for showing devices
* IOTDB-249enable lowercase in create_timeseries sql
* IOTDB-203add "group by device" function for narrow table display
* IOTDB-193Create schema automatically when inserting
* IOTDB-241Add query and non query interface in session
* IOTDB-223Add a TsFile sketch tool
* IOTDB-158add metrics web service
* IOTDB-234Refactor TsFile storage on HDFS
* IOTDB-199Add a log visulization tool
* IoTDB-174Add interfaces for querying device or timeseries number
* IOTDB-173add batch write interface in session
* IOTDB-151support number format in timeseries path
* Spark-iotdb-connector
* generate cpp, go, and python thrift files under service-rpc
* display cache hit rate through jconsole
* support time < 0: Fix initial value of minTimestamp to Long.MIN_VALUE in ChunkBuffer
* Add interface (Delete timeseries) in session
* Add a tool to print tsfileResources (each device's start and end time)
* Support watermark feature
* Add micro and nano timestamp precision

## Incompatible changes

* RPC is incompatible, you can not use client-0.8.0 to connect with server-0.9.0 or use client-0.9.8 to connect with server-0.8.0.
* Server is backward compatible, server-0.9.0 could run on data folder of 0.8.0. The data file will be upgraded background.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/467

## Miscellaneous changes

* IOTDB-258    Add documents for Query History Visualization Tool and Shared Storage Architecture
* IOTDB-233keep metadata plan clear
* IOTDB-267reduce IO operations in deserializing chunk header
* IOTDB-265Re-adjust the threshold size of memtable
* IOTDB-251improve TSQueryDataSet structure in RPC
* IOTDB-221Add a python client example
* IOTDB-180Get rid of JSON format in "show timeseries"
* IOTDB-161Add ErrorCode of different response errors
* IOTDB-160External sort
* IOTDB-153further limit fetchSize to speed up LIMIT&OFFSET query

* reconstruct antlrv3 grammar to improve performance
* Tooling for release
* Modified Decoder and SequenceReader to support old version of TsFile
* Remove jdk constrain of jdk8 and 11

## Known Issues

* IOTDB-20    Need to support UPDATE

## Bug Fixes

* IOTDB-266     NullPoint exception when reading not existed devices using ReadOnlyTsFile
* IOTDB-264restart failure due to WAL replay error
* IOTDB-165[TsFile] Fix a example
* IOTDB-240fix unknown time series in where clause
* IOTDB-244fix bug when querying with duplicated columns
* IOTDB-174Fix querying timeseries interface cannot make a query by the specified path prefix
* IOTDB-195using String.getBytes(utf-9).length to replace string.length() in ChunkGroupMetadata for supporting Chinese
* IOTDB-211use "%IOTDB_HOME%\lib\*" to refers to all .jar files in the directory in start-server.bat
* IOTDB-172fix a bug of TsFileResource updateTime
* fix start-walchecker scripts for leting user define the wal folder

Is there any missing?

Jialin Qiao
School of Software, Tsinghua University

乔嘉林
清华大学 软件学院

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Regarding the release candidate of 0.9.0 ...

Again a "jar" file is included in the source release. However it shouldn't be possible for this to actually happen if the release is executed correctly.
I am trying to understand why this has happened again.

Let me be clear. When doing the release:perform step you should stage the artifacts in the "target/checkout/target" directory and not the one in the "target" directory directly.
The release build spawns a new build in the checkout directory which doesn't use the "mvnw" wrapper and therefore no class file and no jar file should be in the archive.

Please ensure you are staging the correct files.

Chris

Am 13.11.19, 09:58 schrieb "Jialin Qiao" <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>:

    Hi,

    I have checked out a new branch rel/0.9 for releasing 0.9.0.
    This branch does not accept new features, people who works on releasing 0.9.0 could submit PRs to this branch.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jialin,

I can help with you at afternoon. Willem Jiang has signed my key last month.

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> 于2019年11月13日周三 下午12:25写道:

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi Justin,

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

I'm now at the step of signing-keys.

Could someone please help sign my gpg key? The signing step is here:  https://gist.github.com/F21/b0e8c62c49dfab267ff1d0c6af39ab84

My email is:  qiaojialin@apache.org

The ASCII public key is :

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi Tianan Li and Lei Rui,

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Posted by 李天安 <lt...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi Jialin,
    Maybe the sync module is also worthy to mention in the change list. The pr link is https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/372 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/372>.

Best Regards,
—————————————————
Tianan Li
School of Software, Tsinghua University

李天安
清华大学 软件学院

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi Zesong,

Thanks for the feedback, I have updated it.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0

Posted by 孙泽嵩 <sz...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi Jialin,

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.9.0