Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Oscar Segarra Rey <OS...@gencat.cat> on 2010/08/09 11:44:35 UTC

Cluster Logging

Hi,

I would like to monitor cluster  as it was in tomcat 5.5 with the clause doClusterLog in tomcat 6.0.24.

I have added the following lines in logging.properties:

org.apache.catalina.tribes.MESSAGES.level = FINE
org.apache.catalina.tribes.level = FINE
org.apache.catalina.ha.level = FINE

And messages are written into catalina.out file.

I would like to write cluster messages in a cluster.out file but in the official web I could not find how to.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html

How can I achieve this objective ?

Thanks in advance.

Oscar Segarra Rey
Àrea de tecnologies de la informació i les comunicacions
Departament de la Presidència
C/ Sant Honorat 1-3 - 08002 Barcelona
934024834

RE: Cluster Logging

Posted by "Petrov, Petar" <p....@sap.com>.
Hi,

You can set the log level to "OFF".

Regards,
Petar

Re: Cluster Logging

Re: Cluster Logging

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
How about something like this:

handlers = 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler, \
2localhost.org.apache.juli.FileHandler, \
3manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler, \
4host-manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler, \
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler, \
5cluster.org.apache.juli.FileHandler

5cluster.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = FINE
5cluster.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = ${catalina.base}/logs
5cluster.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = cluster.

org.apache.catalina.tribes.MESSAGES.level = FINE
org.apache.catalina.tribes.MESSAGES.handlers =
5cluster.org.apache.juli.FileHandler

org.apache.catalina.tribes.level = FINE
org.apache.catalina.tribes.handlers = 5cluster.org.apache.juli.FileHandler

org.apache.catalina.ha.level = FINE
org.apache.catalina.ha.handlers = 5cluster.org.apache.juli.FileHander

Adjust logging levels accordingly.

. . . just my two cents.

/mde/