Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Saju Thankathurai <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/21 08:39:04 UTC

NumberFormatter rounding huge value even if rounding is set to "none".

Hi,

I need to format a huge value using NumberFormatter. The rounding is set to
"none". But Still the value is rounded.

I need to add precision to value 5621633088425998336. So i set precision 4
to numberformatter and trying to format the value.

It is returning 5621633088425998300.0000.  Value 36 is missed out after
formatting the value.

Any suggestions to get the real value without rounding ?

--
Regards

Saju Thankathurai,

Re: NumberFormatter rounding huge value even if rounding is set to "none".

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Number use IEEE floating point representation which I believe has a maximum of 21 digits precision. From memory the way the NumberFormatter works means you loose a few more digits so only get 18 or so digits, also from memory mx:NumberFormatter and s:NumberFormater work slightly differently.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: NumberFormatter rounding huge value even if rounding is set to "none".

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
What's the datatype of that variable ?
It looks to be greater than the maximum for a uint 4,294,967,295
(2^32-1), for instance ?

Ref:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/uint.html

Tom