Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Wojciech Zalecki <wz...@gerpol.info> on 2005/09/03 17:20:26 UTC

fop printing problem question

Hi

I have a question regarding printing fop output.
I use java AWT renderer provided with latest fop distribution (0.20.5)
under WindowsXP (sp2). Everything (with the printing ;) is OK , until I
change printing quality to lower (draft) in printing properties window
(window appearing after choosing print in print preview dialog).
Printing with that setting cause the output is about twice size bigger,
and it doesn't fit the page of course.It appears that the resolution is
affected or something like that. It does happen with any content,  with
images and generated (text, tables etc.).

It happens on Canon i550 but I'll check it also on different printers.
Is it possible that that the problem may be caused by printer driver?
Is anybody know any details about this problem and how to resolve that?

best regards
Wojtek