Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/08 16:58:40 UTC

UIMA-AS 2.8.1 - working towards the next release

Folks, its been awhile since the last UIMA-AS 2.6.0 release. Want to bring
the framework up to date with the latest UIMA SDK 2.8.1 and also ActiveMQ
5.12.1.

Traditionally, UIMA-AS releases were tracking UIMA-SDK release numbers so
unless there are objections I intend to deliver version 2.8.1.

I fixed a few issues in the trunk recently, most notably the long standing
Async Aggregate Performance Metrics. Also there will be a new feature:

UIMA-4265 Add warmup option to a UIMA-AS service instance

This new feature will prime an AE before processing to improve latency.

It will take a few weeks to complete the work and vet the release.

Jerry