Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com> on 2014/03/06 00:03:03 UTC

[jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Let&#39;s see how it looks like
You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/nacx/jclouds-site news

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61

-- Commit Summary --

  * Show quick news in the home page

-- File Changes --

    M _layouts/home.html (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61.diff

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61

Re: [jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-site-pull-requests #205](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-site-pull-requests/205/) SUCCESS
This pull request looks good

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61#issuecomment-36806050

Re: [jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
:+1: should we add some kind of self-destruct mechanism which hides news after we expect that it will no longer be relevant?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61#issuecomment-36823504

Re: [jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
> which hides news after we expect that it will no longer be relevant?

An "expiry date" would indeed be nice. Did you have any technology in mind that would make implementing something like that easy, @andrewgaul?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61#issuecomment-36824330

Re: [jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-site-pull-requests #207](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-site-pull-requests/207/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61#issuecomment-36883932

Re: [jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Posted by jclouds-commentator <no...@github.com>.
  Go to http://d983bed1398d6817f449-e67ef100e7faa0a4ec4e19775cad847c.r56.cf1.rackcdn.com/ to review your changes.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61#issuecomment-36806333

Re: [jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Posted by jclouds-commentator <no...@github.com>.
  Go to http://78b83644f9ca8a3feff9-601113998e6c18e13f46d1920b6b62af.r83.cf1.rackcdn.com/ to review your changes.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61#issuecomment-36884294

Re: [jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
> Addressed the comment, merged and published! Thx!

Thanks!

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61#issuecomment-36951204

Re: [jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-site-pull-requests #206](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-site-pull-requests/206/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61#issuecomment-36883423

Re: [jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
Closed #61.

---

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61#issuecomment-36947513

Re: [jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-site-pull-requests #208](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-site-pull-requests/208/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61#issuecomment-36884107

Re: [jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
I've added a page with more information about GSoC and also refactored the news thing to "auto-discover" the quick-new pages and automatically generate them. This way we won't have to modify the home page and just add the new pages where appropriate.

@gaul When needed we'll be able to modify that small bit of code (adding the required javascript or whatever) to just omit old news; should be pretty straightforward given the current code.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61#issuecomment-36883524

Re: [jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Posted by jclouds-commentator <no...@github.com>.
  Go to http://1f5c976b62c788246c3f-946997b2bea85fe611ec944e7c2a54ca.r26.cf1.rackcdn.com/ to review your changes.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61#issuecomment-36883655

Re: [jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Looks nice - thanks, @nacx! As far as I'm concerned, just a squash'n'rebase needed now - +1.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61#issuecomment-36945415

Re: [jclouds-site] Show quick news in the home page (#61)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Looks pretty nice!

![image](https://f.cloud.github.com/assets/223702/2341725/1cdb0316-a4e2-11e3-9479-b6213c9d38c6.png)

I did expect the _whole_ text to be a link to some longer article, though...wonder if I'm the only one there..?

Thanks, @nacx!

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/61#issuecomment-36822497