Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Yuval Rotem <Yu...@amdocs.com> on 2008/02/22 08:51:46 UTC

Does the tag (in Struts 2.1) supports non-Ajax submit?

Hi,

Does the <sx:submit> tag (in Struts 2.1) supports non-Ajax submit? In
other words, can it provide the functionality of the non-Ajax <s:submit>
tag?

(If I understand correctly it doesn't, just wanted to verify - maybe I'm
missing something here).

Thanks,

Yuval.

Re: Does the tag (in Struts 2.1) supports non-Ajax submit?

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
Yuval Rotem wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does the <sx:submit> tag (in Struts 2.1) supports non-Ajax submit? In
> other words, can it provide the functionality of the non-Ajax <s:submit>
> tag?
>
> (If I understand correctly it doesn't, just wanted to verify - maybe I'm
> missing something here).

If the browser has javascript, then no.  AFAIK, it attaches a listener
to the element and prevents the default events (click, submit) out of
necessity.

Without javascript, I presume it will still submit the containing form's
action as it degrades to a <input type="submit">. I've never tried it
though.  Worth a try.