Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org> on 2013/12/03 14:27:48 UTC

Welcome to Frank Scholten as new Mahout committer

Hi,

this is to announce that the Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache
Mahout has asked Frank Scholten to become committer and we are pleased to
announce that he has accepted.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since in addition
to posting patches on JIRA it also gives write access to the code repository.
That also means that now we have yet another person who can commit patches
submitted by others to our repo *wink*

Frank, you've been following the project for quite some time now - contributing
valuable changes over and over again. I certainly look forward to working
with you in the future. Welcome!

Isabel

Re: Welcome to Frank Scholten as new Mahout committer

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Good to have you on board Frank.

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Sebastian Schelter <ssc.open@googlemail.com

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Frank,

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
Welcome, Frank!

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM, Andrew Musselman <andrew.musselman@gmail.com

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 08:59:57PM +0100, Frank Scholten wrote:
> I like automation so I am interested in things like
> ML but also continuous integration and configuration management.

Hmm - if you spot anything in our maven poms that looks odd, in our current Jenkins
setup that could be improved, in the way we do testing or in the way Mahout can
be integrated and configured by users of the project - any input and help is more
than welcome.

Oh, and if you have any questions where to find things or how things
work from a committers perspective - happy to help.

Posted by Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl>.
Thanks for the kind words Isabel!

A bit about myself: I live in Utrecht, the Netherlands, have a CS master
from University of Twente and I work at Trifork Amsterdam, doing OSS Java
software development. I like automation so I am interested in things like
ML but also continuous integration and configuration management.

It's quite an honor to be part of this project with amazingly smart people.
I am looking forward to continuing work on Mahout, especially in there area
of integration though I also want to dive more into certain algorithms and
explore parts of the code I haven't looked at yet.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Frank

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Andrew Musselman <andrew.musselman@gmail.com