Posted to user@ant.apache.org by James Mao <ja...@iona.com> on 2005/08/25 09:42:01 UTC

Is it possible to get the CPU usage and memory usage from JAVA?

Hi ,

Anyone know how to get the CPU usage and meory usage for a specified
command line from JAVA?

Cheers,
James.

Re: Is it possible to get the CPU usage and memory usage from JAVA?

Posted by Yves Martin <yv...@elca.ch>.
James Mao <ja...@iona.com> writes:

> Anyone know how to get the CPU usage and meory usage for a specified command
> line from JAVA?

 I do not understand your question.

 Do you want to monitor CPU and memory of a JVM or of any other running process ?

 (the process initiated by your command line - the command line by itself does
  not consume CPU or memory)

 On which operating system do you want to monitor processes ?

--
Yves Martin

Re: Is it possible to get the CPU usage and memory usage from JAVA?

Posted by Yves Martin <yv...@elca.ch>.

Posted by Maode Mao <ma...@126.com>.
Jeffrey E Care wrote:

>In what way, shape or form does this question have anything to do with
>Ant?
>
>Please stay on topic.

Yes, it  does, my extension of Ant , names Dant, distributed ant, want
to monitor remote machines stauts, like CPU usage, and memeory usage.
So, i', wondering if there is a common api that i can use to get these
infomation.

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.
In what way, shape or form does this question have anything to do with
Ant?

Please stay on topic.

--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)