Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Chinna Rao Lalam <la...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/10 12:10:46 UTC

HIVE building on ARM

Hi All,

We are working on HIVE building and running on ARM architecture. As part of
this i want to add one periodic HIVE JENKINS JOB on ARM machines. Which
helps to identity gaps for ARM, If any issues identified we will keep on
working to fix those issues.

Currently to run HIVE on aarch64, we need to upgrade to protobuf-3.7.1.
HIVE-21939 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-21939> upgraded
protobuf-2.5.0 to protobuf-3.7.1, It have mainly 2 failures. We are working
on this.

Thanks,
Chinna Rao Lalam

Re: HIVE building on ARM

Posted by Chinna Rao Lalam <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashutosh,

I want to migrate
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/Hive/job/Hive-linux-ARM-trunk/ this
job to the new  system https://ci-hadoop.apache.org.  Please grant me
rights to create jobs on the new Jenkins https://ci-builds.apache.org.  My
LDAP userid : chinnaraol.
I have requested the same in apache infra. Thank you.

Thank you Stamatis,Zoltan for the pointers.

Thanks,
Chinna

--
Hope It Helps,