Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Pedro Miguel Marques <pe...@nos.pt> on 2016/03/11 09:00:43 UTC

help with origin redirect configuration

Hi

I'm trying to configure a reverse proxy but when my origin server returns a 302 redirect the end user receives the redirect url.
Since the connection between ATS and my origin is private the end user can't reach the origin servers.

I've configured proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr=INT1 but even so I'm not able to remap the url received from the origin to the url requested by the client.

Any idea on how to configure this?

Thanks in advance

Pedro Marques

Re: help with origin redirect configuration

Posted by Sudheer Vinukonda <su...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Just fyi,
If you have a requirement that the clients see the 3xx redirect response and do the redirect follow themselves, you may also use <reverse_map> to map the Location header received from your origin to an externally accessible domain.
http://trafficserver.readthedocs.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/remap.config.en.html#remap-config

Thanks,
Sudheer

    On Friday, March 11, 2016 6:52 AM, Pedro Miguel Marques <pe...@nos.pt> wrote:

 Hi David

Thanks a lot for your help
I've already managed to solve this using the parameter you just mentioned.

Now looking to cache config, reading and learning :)
[Mar 11 14:49:22.532] Server {0x2b8f8da24500} NOTE: traffic server running
[Mar 11 14:49:22.532] Server {0x2b8f8da24500} WARNING: the size of volume 2 (0) is less than the minimum required volume size 128
[Mar 11 14:49:22.532] Server {0x2b8f8da24500} WARNING: volume 2 is not created
[Mar 11 14:49:22.532] Server {0x2b8f8da24500} WARNING: the size of volume 1 (0) is less than the minimum required volume size 128
[Mar 11 14:49:22.532] Server {0x2b8f8da24500} WARNING: volume 1 is not created

Thanks a lot for your help

Pedro Hora Marques
Direção Plataformas Core e Serviços
Plataformas TV

F: +351 217 929 232  M:+351 931 016 051
pedro.m.marques@nos.pt

Av. D. joão II, Lote 1.06.2.4
1990-095 Lisboa

AVISO
A informação contida neste e-mail e ficheiros anexos são confidenciais e deverão ser lidos exclusivamente pela pessoa ou entidade a quem se dirigem. Se recebeu esta comunicação por engano, por favor, informe de imediato o remetente e apague a mensagem e os ficheiros anexos sem os ler, copiar, gravar, distribuir ou divulgar ou fazer qualquer outro uso da informação. Lembre-se da sua Responsabilidade Social Ambiental antes de decidir imprimir este e-mail.

DISCLAIMER
The information in this email is confidential and should only be read by the person or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication by mistake, please notify the sender and immediately delete the message and the attached files without reading, copying, recording, distributing, disseminating or making any other use of the information. Remember your Environmental Responsibility before deciding to print this email.

proxy.config.http.number_of_redirections
They will enable ATS to follow the redirection instead of returning 302 to user agent.
You may still need proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr depending on what Host header the origin expects.
David