Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/21 15:49:30 UTC

Article in Russian about Wicket

Hello All,

Recently I found an article about Wicket in Russian:
https://habrahabr.ru/company/jugru/blog/345036/

I'm afraid the article is negative :(

The main points are:
1) there is lack of developer activity
2) Wicket based applications consumes lots of memory
3) The performance is bad
4) there is no scalability (no cluster support)

surprisingly #3 is illustrated by the speed of wicket.apache.org

IMO this article lacks numbers and "evidences"

I can try to
1) write an article with some numbers to refute this
2) visit https://2018.jbreak.ru/en/

WDYT?

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Article in Russian about Wicket

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Actually article authors welcoming wicket fans to visit jbreak and argue
with them
I guess it also might be sort of advertising ....

You can use google translate to get the idea ...

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
good point :)

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.