Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com> on 2006/03/01 16:53:25 UTC

Asking again: Tomcat silently stops working, very strange exceptions in catalina.out

Hi,

noone has an idea or has experienced similar behaviour?

Recapitulation:
At some stage tomcat starts throwing exception which actually can't
happen, mostly telling  me that beans aren't found in session scope,
in jsps which could only be called after a bean has been put into the
session scope. It also throws SocketErrors, ClientAbortExceptions and
PipeBrokenException in attempt to deliver static error page (404.html
or 500.html).

Minutes later it just stops responding, with no futher errors in the
logs. The load on the machine drops to zero. After calling shutdown.sh
and startup.sh tomcat continues normally. Interesting, but at some
point of time multiple production servers are affected, as if a user
would cause this.

Any ideas?

Leon