Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/22 18:53:26 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] tapestry-security 0.2.1 and 0.3.0 released!

Ta daa! This time we are announcing a dual release of
tapestry-security, versions 0.2.1 for T5.1.x and 0.3.0 for T5.2.x!
Probably not much of a surprise anymore as I've hinted at numerous
occasions about the new releases but announcing still has its place
since major dependencies changed. Most importantly, these versions
pull in and integrate with Apache Shiro 1.1.0, the first Shiro release
as a top level Apache project. I'm also happy to report that some of
Tynamo-born annotations made their way to Shiro core so
tapestry-security doesn't need to supplement Shiro annotations with
our own extensions anymore. If you were using previous
tapestry-security releases, you are advised to upgrade immediately as
there were some security vulnerabilities in Shiro 1.0.0-incubating
(which don't directly affect tapestry-security but you should still
upgrade).

Tapestry-security 0.3.0 uses the brand new T5.2.4, the best Tapestry
release yet. 0.2.1 and 0.3.0 are functionally equivalent, the only
difference is that 0.3.0 moved onto newer APIs (thanks Massimo) and we
started using some T5.2 features in the tests ourselves. Testament to
the backwards compatibility of Tapestry 5.x, tapestry-security 0.2.1
will work for T5.2 just the same but it pulls in T5.1.0.5 and is
tested against that version. Both versions will be maintained going
forward but 0.3.x will start using more of T5.2 features in the
future. Read more at http://tynamo.org/tapestry-security+guide.
Release notes (from
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12041&version=16804)
are for both versions except for TYNAMO-66:

Bug
    * [TYNAMO-56] - tapestry-security sources missing from central repo

Improvement
    * [TYNAMO-61] - tynamo-security: bypass security check during
application start
    * [TYNAMO-66] - Update tapestry-security to use T5.2.x APIs
    * [TYNAMO-55] - Rewrite ShiroExceptionHandler for T5.2

Task
    * [TYNAMO-62] - Update tapestry-security to use Shiro 1.1.0 APIs

Enjoy,
Tynamo Team

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] tapestry-security 0.2.1 and 0.3.0 released!

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
OpenID is well within our scope. I have done Oauth & Oauth 2 integrations
but haven't found the time yet to generalize the implementation. There's
quite a bit more work to do for general use compared to making it work just
for your webapplication. I trust in code and patches are always welcome.

Kalle

Re: [tynamo-user] [ANNOUNCEMENT] tapestry-security 0.2.1 and 0.3.0 released!

Posted by Katia Aresti <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Congratulations for your work !

@Kalle and Tynamo users

Is somebody interested on finishing the Tynamo Hotel-Booking-Demo ?
Security works fine, but it will be veeeery interesting to finish the work
using conversations module too.

Just drop me an e-mail if somebody is interested on working on that. I just
have no time right now to finish the version of this demo.

Cheers,

Katia

Posted by Borut BolĨina <bo...@gmail.com>.
This is a very good day! Congrats!