Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by go...@osmosis.gr on 2004/07/21 19:22:31 UTC

SQLtransformer encoding

hi

i have try to use sqltransformer with xml files thas have greek content
and i get the error:

----
Message: SAXException while streaming DOM node to SAX:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Attempt to output character of integral value
949 that is not represented in specified output encoding of ISO-8859-1.

streaming DOM node to SAX: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Attempt to output
character of integral value 949 that is not represented in specified
output encoding of ISO-8859-1.: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Attempt to

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
----

looking around i have found in the last cocoon release changes log
..
..
Databases: The xml-encoding for the SQLTransformer is now configurable. (CZ)
..
..

does anyone know how can i set SQLTransformers encoding?
i have try (unsuccesfull) :
            <map:transformer logger="sitemap.transformer.sql" name="sql" src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.SQLTransformer">
  <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
            </map:transformer>

any hint?

thnx

--stavros

[SOLVED] (but hardcoded) Re: SQLtransformer encoding

Posted by go...@osmosis.gr.
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 gounis@osmosis.gr wrote:

i have solve my problem touching SQLTransformer.java
and seting default encoding to UTF-8

is this a case for bugzilla or not?
(must encoding be configurable from sitemap?)

-----
    /**
     * configure
     */
    public void configure(Configuration conf) throws
ConfigurationException {
        super.configure(conf);

        this.oldDriver =
conf.getChild("old-driver").getValueAsBoolean(false);
        if (getLogger().isDebugEnabled()) {
            getLogger().debug("old-driver is " + this.oldDriver + " for "
+ this);
        }

        this.connectAttempts = conf.getChild("connect-attempts").getValueAsInteger(5);
        this.connectWaittime = conf.getChild("connect-waittime").getValueAsInteger(5000);
        //Stavros: set default encoding to UTF-8
        //this.xmlDefaultEncoding = conf.getChild("xml-encoding").getValue("ISO-8859-1");
        this.xmlDefaultEncoding = conf.getChild("xml-encoding").getValue("UTF-8");
    }
-----

--stavros