Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by OpenWhisk Team Slack <ra...@apache.org> on 2019/03/22 07:26:59 UTC

[slack-digest] [2019-03-21] #apigateway

2019-03-21 13:05:22 UTC - Perry Dykes: @Mark Deuser I have done that, but when I enable the API gateway, the direct access to the actions has the security credentials turned off and disables direct access.  Kind of a pain actually, really don't like that aspect of it. Avoding the API keys is why I'm using the API gateway in the first place.  What am I looking for, more debug info or ?
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TP33Y2U/p1553173522015700?thread_ts=1553085511.014700&cid=C3TP33Y2U
----
2019-03-21 13:18:29 UTC - Mark Deuser: @Perry Dykes - you are correct in that the ui will automatically protect the backend auth-less web action by enabling web action security.  you can invoke your web action directly, by specifying the `X-Require-Whisk-Auth` header in the request.  it should have the security value set in your action's `require-whisk-auth` annotation.  <https://console.bluemix.net/docs/openwhisk/openwhisk_webactions.html#securing-web-actions>
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TP33Y2U/p1553174309016100?thread_ts=1553085511.014700&cid=C3TP33Y2U
----
2019-03-21 14:09:50 UTC - Perry Dykes: Ok, I'll try that.  Any debug options or something to help me get more insight potentially?
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TP33Y2U/p1553177390016400?thread_ts=1553085511.014700&cid=C3TP33Y2U
----
2019-03-21 16:52:24 UTC - Mark Deuser: just a guess, but i'm thinking that the action is failing.. perhaps due to a mismatching response data vs web action invocation extension (i.e. .http, .json, etc).  look in the action's activation record to see if there's an error like that
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TP33Y2U/p1553187144016600?thread_ts=1553085511.014700&cid=C3TP33Y2U
----