Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Stanislav Melashchuk <aw...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/07 09:45:40 UTC

Fwd: Kafka is unable to reconnect to node after it was restarted

Hello!
Here is a situation : we have Kafka producer connected to a Kafka node,
which is available by host kukuku.com (for example) and uses dynamic IP
address. If we restart our node, it will change an IP address. But producer
has only previous node IP in it's metadata and it doesn't initiate new
address IP resolution, it's just trying to connect to last known node.
 Question is, can we reconnect to a restarted node (or cluster) without
re-creating our producer?
Cause it doesn't looks like right way to do.

Re: Kafka is unable to reconnect to node after it was restarted

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
we can set "advertised.listeners" to a host name, not an IP address and
make sure host name always resolve to the correct IP.