Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by J Cornelius <jc...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/28 06:47:44 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_expires trouble with Apache 2.0.40

Hello All,

This is my first post to the list so pardon if this has been covered previously.

I am attempting to use mod_expires but run into an error:

httpd: module "/usr/src/build/390869-i386/BUILD/httpd-2.0.40/modules/metadata/mod_expires.c"
is not compatible with this version of Apache (found 20020628, need
20020903).
Please contact the vendor for the correct version.

This is from a plain vanilla install so I'm unsure about the version
incompatibility. Can anyone here help?

Thanks in advance.

--
J Cornelius

Re: [users@httpd] mod_expires trouble with Apache 2.0.40

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:47:44 -0600, J Cornelius <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> This is my first post to the list so pardon if this has been covered previously.
>
> I am attempting to use mod_expires but run into an error:
>
> httpd: module "/usr/src/build/390869-i386/BUILD/httpd-2.0.40/modules/metadata/mod_expires.c"
> is not compatible with this version of Apache (found 20020628, need
> 20020903).
> Please contact the vendor for the correct version.
>
> This is from a plain vanilla install so I'm unsure about the version
> incompatibility. Can anyone here help?

I'm not sure whay you mean by "plain vanilla install", but this
message comes from trying to use an old version of mod_expires with a
newer version of apache.

In any case, you shouldn't be using 2.0.40.  Start from scratch with
the most recent version and you should have more luck.

Joshua.