Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by manish_goyal <ma...@infosys.com> on 2008/11/08 13:53:46 UTC

help need in servicemix and activeMQ

Hi,

I need help regarding servicemix and activeMQ.

I have a java application which sends a message to ActiveMQ JMS queue.
When i start activeMQ and run that java application, it goes to ActiveMQ JMS
queue successfully. I can see message in JMS queue using webconsole.
But when i stop ActiveMQ and start Servicemix and try to send message using
JAVA application, i did find any message in JMS queue.

I have following questions:-

Does Servicemix has inbuild ActiveMQ?

Can we send message to ActiveMQ JMS Queue while only ActiveMQ is started not
Servicemix?

Do we need to configure something to send message to ActiveMQ JMS queue when
servicemix is start?

Is there any why by which we can start both Servicemix and ActiveMQ
together?

Is there any relationship between servicemix and activeMQ?

Actually in my actual scenario i need servicemix start,  because i need to
route Message from one JMS queue to another JMS queue.

Please help me to find the answer for above questions.

Please send response as soon as possible.

Detail response will be appreciate.

Thanks.

Regards,
Manish

Re: help need in servicemix and activeMQ

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 6:53 AM, manish_goyal
<ma...@infosys.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need help regarding servicemix and activeMQ.
>
> I have a java application which sends a message to ActiveMQ JMS queue.
> When i start activeMQ and run that java application, it goes to ActiveMQ
> JMS
> queue successfully. I can see message in JMS queue using webconsole.
> But when i stop ActiveMQ and start Servicemix and try to send message using
> JAVA application, i did find any message in JMS queue.
>
> I have following questions:-
>
> Does Servicemix has inbuild ActiveMQ?

ServiceMix always includes ActiveMQ in the distribution, and will start a
broker on tcp://localhost:61616 just like the standalone ActiveMQ
distribution.

> Can we send message to ActiveMQ JMS Queue while only ActiveMQ is started
> not
> Servicemix?

The ActiveMQ broker should behave the same regardless f running it
standalone or inside ServiceMix.  If you are eventually trying to use
ServiceMix to implement some part of your application, then you should
continue to work through the problem so that you can see the messages in the
broker within ServiceMix.

> Do we need to configure something to send message to ActiveMQ JMS queue
> when
> servicemix is start?

As I said above, you should be able to utilize the ActiveMQ broker inside
ServiceMix in the same way as a standalone ActiveMQ.  Are you getting any
error messages when you put the message on the queue?  Have you tried your
own consumer to retrieve the messages on the queue and verify that they are
arriving properly?  There are many possibilities so any further details will
help.

> Is there any why by which we can start both Servicemix and ActiveMQ
> together?

As I said above, this happens by default.

> Is there any relationship between servicemix and activeMQ?

The relationship is that ServiceMix can use ActiveMQ internally to talk to
other brokers and Servicemix instances.  It is there for you to use as well
and there are no limitations on using the broker for your own purposes.

> Actually in my actual scenario i need servicemix start,  because i need to
> route Message from one JMS queue to another JMS queue.
>
> Please help me to find the answer for above questions.
>
> Please send response as soon as possible.
>
> Detail response will be appreciate.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Regards,
> Manish

I hope this helps answer some of your questions!

Thanks,
Chris