Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Jacinto, Alex G (GE Energy)" <al...@ps.ge.com> on 2004/10/01 17:01:08 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Forcing documents to download.

do the browser - Save Target As...

is the only solution I can think of

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Mull [mailto:andy@go2nhg.com]
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 12:03 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Forcing documents to download.

Hello,

While this is most likely a client browser concern, hopefully Apache has a
workaround, or someone on the list has figured it out.

I have a site that allows people to "download" non web files (Word, Excel,
PDF, etc).  On some browsers, it will prompt you to save it to disk...on
others, it will open in the browser window (if you have the appropriate
plug-in).

Is there a way to force the file to be downloaded/saved to disk and bypass
the plug-in?

Thanks for any help!

-Andy

--