Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Oren Shir <sh...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/11 11:27:41 UTC

Re: Getting index lock while indexing

Do you keep open IndexReader, IndexWriter or IndexSearcher? Try closing them
suring shutdown

Posted by M å n i s h <ma...@acusis.com>.

Yes some time it creates lock file in tomcat.
But nowadays i am not able to index even after deleting the lock files.
I checked tomcat's temp folder and java.io.tmpdir , nothing is there.

Even if I am not closing the index it should index after deleting the lock
files , (Correct me if I am wrong)

I read on net about changing io lock to nio lock in lock.java file.
Has any body implemented and deployed it successfully?

Thanks in advance
~Manish Chowdhary