Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Scott F. Walter" <sc...@vivare.com> on 2005/04/06 20:28:13 UTC

PageRedirectException

I am having a problem with going back to a login page after a session
has timed out.  I have a page called MyProtectedPage that all my pages
extend from and MyProtectedPage has the following method:

    public void pageBeginRender(PageEvent event) {
        super.pageBeginRender(event);

        if(getVisit()==null || !getVisit().isLoggedIn()) {
            LoginPage loginPage = (LoginPage)
getRequestCycle().getPage("Login");
            throw new PageRedirectException(loginPage);
        }
    }

The problem is that when I do have a session timeout I get the standard
Tapestry exception page indicating an exception has occured instead of
going to my login page.  What exactly am I do wrong????

thank,  scott.
--

Scott F. Walter 	Scott F. Walter
Principal Consultant

E: scott.walter@vivare.com
E: scott@scottwalter.com
Visit scottwalter.com <http://scottwalter.com> --Point.  Click.  Explore!

Re: PageRedirectException

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
Your MyProtectedPage should implement PageValidateListener.  Move this
logic into the corresponding pageValidate(PageEvent) method.

Paul