Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Greg Buchanan <gm...@cfl.rr.com> on 2006/05/16 17:33:20 UTC

location of samples

I must be missing something, but when I click on the link from the "Getting
Started" page which states:

MyFaces examples. Latest milestone webapp archive
(myfaces-X.X.X-examples.zip or myfaces-X.X.X-examples.tgz) is here
<http://myfaces.apache.org/download.html> .

I click on the link and get taken to a download page. However, I see no
files of the name described above to download. I did download each of the
other files to see if the samples were embedded, but they are not.

Any suggestions as to their location for download ?

Thank you.

Re: location of samples

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
> I don't know if the examples are being distributed in a binary form
> yet since our maven reorg.

No they are not.  But its something we will get to once some maven
guru steps up and volunteers.

Sean

Re: location of samples

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
I don't know if the examples are being distributed in a binary form
yet since our maven reorg.

You can download and build them from source.

You might also be able to use the prebuilt maven artifacts, but you'll
have to dig around and find them.  Not sure for sure if they're in
there.

http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/

Getting source and example builds into the binary distribution is on
the todo list, but no one has had time to do it yet.   Patches to the
maven build system are welcome!

Re: location of samples

Posted by David Ramsey <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: location of samples

Posted by David Ramsey <ra...@gmail.com>.
As an experiment, I took the examples 1.1.1 blank war from the archive
listed above. I installed that with Tomcat 5.5.15 and started Tomcat. The
blank war started without issues.

I then removed all jars from the war that were changed/replaced in MyFaces
1.1.3 and Tomahawk 1.1.2 (which should be usable together as mentioned in
the documentation at the Myfaces Apache website). I reviewed the web.xml and
saw nothing that indicated a potential problem within my limited
understanding of configuring MyFaces. I then started Tomcat and got the
following errors in Tomcat's log file at startup:

May 17, 2006 9:54:55 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
May 17, 2006 9:54:55 AM org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-8009
May 17, 2006 9:54:55 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 1141 ms
May 17, 2006 9:54:56 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
May 17, 2006 9:54:56 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.15
May 17, 2006 9:54:56 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
INFO: XML validation disabled
May 17, 2006 9:55:06 AM
org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfiguratorfeedStandardConfig
INFO: Reading standard config org/apache/myfaces/resource/standard-
faces-config.xml
May 17, 2006 9:55:06 AM
org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfiguratorfeedClassloaderConfigurations
INFO: Reading config
jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%205.5/webapps/blankmyfaces/WEB-INF/lib/sandbox.jar!/META-INF/faces-
config.xml
May 17, 2006 9:55:06 AM
org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfiguratorfeedClassloaderConfigurations
INFO: Reading config
jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%205.5/webapps/blankmyfaces/WEB-INF/lib/tomahawk-
1.1.2.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
May 17, 2006 9:55:06 AM
org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfiguratorfeedContextSpecifiedConfig
INFO: Reading config /WEB-INF/examples-config.xml
May 17, 2006 9:55:06 AM org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.LocaleUtilstoLocale
WARNING: Locale name in faces-config.xml null or empty, setting locale to
default locale : en_US
May 17, 2006 9:55:07 AM
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlRenderKitImpladdRenderer
INFO: Overwriting renderer with family = javax.faces.Command rendererType =
javax.faces.Button renderer class =
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.jsf.DummyFormHtmlButtonRenderer
May 17, 2006 9:55:07 AM
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlRenderKitImpladdRenderer
INFO: Overwriting renderer with family = javax.faces.Command rendererType =
javax.faces.Link renderer class =
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.jsf.DummyFormHtmlLinkRenderer
May 17, 2006 9:55:07 AM
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.ClassUtilsnewInstance
SEVERE: Class : org.apache.myfaces.custom.ajax.api.AjaxPhaseListener not
found.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/myfaces/custom/buffer/HtmlBufferResponseWriterWrapper
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.ClassUtils.newInstance(
ClassUtils.java:274)
    at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.ClassUtils.newInstance(
ClassUtils.java:265)
    at org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.configureLifecycle(
FacesConfigurator.java:652)
    at org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.configure(
FacesConfigurator.java:144)
    at org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener.initFaces(
StartupServletContextListener.java:66)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener.contextInitialized(
StartupServletContextListener.java:49)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(
StandardContext.java:3727)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java
:4162)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(
ContainerBase.java:759)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java
:739)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(
HostConfig.java:910)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(
HostConfig.java:873)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java
:474)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1118)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
:310)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(
LifecycleSupport.java:119)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1020)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1012)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java
:442)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java
:450)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java
:700)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:275)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
May 17, 2006 9:55:07 AM
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener initFaces
SEVERE: Error initializing ServletContext
javax.faces.FacesException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/myfaces/custom/buffer/HtmlBufferResponseWriterWrapper
    at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.util.ClassUtils.newInstance(
ClassUtils.java:279)
[...]
    ... 29 more
May 17, 2006 9:55:07 AM
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener initFaces
INFO: ServletContext 'C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\webapps\blankmyfaces\' initialized.
May 17, 2006 9:55:07 AM
org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter <init>
WARNING: Please adjust your web.xml to use
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter
May 17, 2006 9:55:07 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
May 17, 2006 9:55:07 AM org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-8009
May 17, 2006 9:55:07 AM org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
May 17, 2006 9:55:07 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 11891 ms

So clearly, MyFaces 1.1.3 is not a drop-in replacement for 1.1.1. I know you
people are busy but those of us new to MyFaces would appreciate some
pointers on getting started. As I stated in another thread to the list, I
had different problems when trying to migrate a simple JSF Reference
Implementation sample project I had done to educate myself to MyFaces. Or,
if the developers are making such massive changes to MyFaces for some
reason, you might document that on the front page and suggest that anyone
trying to get started use version X.Y.Z (whatever version is most clearly
documented and stable, perhaps 1.1.1?).

I'm going to consider MyFaces 1.1.1 since at least it does start. Perhaps
when 1.1.3 reaches some more well-documented state, I can try it again.

Re: location of samples

Posted by Ooschn <Pa...@gmx.de>.

Or hava a look at  http://www.irian.at/myfaces/home.jsf  if you just want to