Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Riven Sun <ri...@zoom.us.INVALID> on 2021/11/18 05:33:13 UTC

[DISCUSS] KafkaConsumer pause(Collection partitions)

Hi Kafka devs,
For the existing KafkaConsumer pause method, I think it needs to be
improved. At the same time, KafkaConsumer should be able to support the
pause method that is not affected by groupRebalance.
I give some suggestions on this, I hope you can actively participate in the
discussion.
And I hope everyone will discuss together first, and the solution may not
be completed by me alone.So I chose to create an Improvement type of Jira
instead of directly creating a KIP.
Jira link: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-13463

Looking forward to any suggestions from everyone

Best Regards
RivenSun