Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@metastuff.com> on 2001/03/22 15:59:00 UTC

Jasper: SAX preprocessing of XML JSP

I was about to start experimentation on the current Tomcat 4.x distribution
of Jasper and just wanted to ping this list first to see if anyone had tried
this kind of thing before (or were in the middle of doing it themselves).

I'm interested in having a configurable (on a per web-app bases for now) SAX
XMLFilter object used to preprocess the XML format of JSP before the Java
code gets generated.

This mechanism would enable compile time transformation of JSP, for example
to implement "compile time tags" using XSLT in a similar way to Cocoon's
XSP.

>From my first looks at the source code it would appear a patch to

    org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseXJspSax

would do the trick (in the parse() method).

Does anyone have any warnings or info before I dive in?

<James/>

James Strachan
email: james@metastuff.com
web: http://www.metastuff.com

If you are not the addressee of this confidential e-mail and any
attachments, please delete it and inform the sender; unauthorised
redistribution or publication is prohibited.
Views expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Citria Limited.