Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org> on 2021/08/23 01:59:53 UTC

[IP CLEARANCE] Apache AsterixDB - JDBC Driver

Hi IPMC,

The Apache AsterixDB PMC has voted [0] to accept the donation of the
AsterixDB JDBC Driver [1].

Following the IP clearance process [2] this is a lazy consensus majority
vote, open for at least 72 hours.

Please VOTE to accept this contribution.

Thanks,
Till (on behalf of the AsterixDB PMC)

[0] https://s.apache.org/4qcwc
[1] https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/asterixdb-jdbc-driver
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

[CANCEL][IP CLEARANCE] Apache AsterixDB - JDBC Driver

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi John,

No reason other than choosing the wrong list and sticking with it.
I'm canceling this VOTE and starting a new one.

Till

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Apache AsterixDB - JDBC Driver

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Hi

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> This code was originally developed by multiple developers at Couchbase using the Apache License. No other license headers were removed.

Do a) we have a list of those developers and have they signed an ICLAs or do you have a software grant from Couchbase for this code base?

> The repository with the Apache license headers was created with the purpose of being donated to the ASF.

Checking the IP of the donated code is difficult to do if all of the original headers have been replaced with ASF headers and we have no history of the code base. It would have been preferable to have preserved history and/or made the original repo public.

Kind Regards,
Justin

Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Apache AsterixDB - JDBC Driver

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

This code was originally developed by multiple developers at Couchbase
using the Apache License. No other license headers were removed. The