Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/03 12:08:08 UTC

Feature Cloudstack 4.15

Hi ,

I am trying to use Backup and Recovery Framework with ACS 4.15.1

I would like to implement it with Xcp-NG servers
What i see is that only Veeam with Vmware is ready

Would it be possible to have an interface in order to define a custom
External Provider (3rd Party Backup Solutions like bacula, amanda or
backuppc ) like described here :

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Backup+and+Recovery+Framework

I was thinking about a form giving the commands to execute for each type of
Backup API Call of the framework

Thanks for your help and ideas

Regards, Benoit

Re: Feature Cloudstack 4.15

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Benoit,

Yes, it's possible to write a backup and recovery plugin. The framework exposes interfaces that your plugin or an external service managed by the plugin can execute/implement. For example, taking backup, restoring backup to primary storage etc. Depending on what/how you're integrating it the B&R framework itself may required to be refactored to accomodate the new plugin.

If it helps you can look into the current B&R framework and plugin (see the dummy provider for example) or the original pull request for implementation details - https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/3553

Regards.

Re: Feature Cloudstack 4.15