Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pete Stokes <st...@quinn-direct.com> on 2004/02/12 14:51:56 UTC

Tomcat 5 Apache 1.3x JK still problems

Does the combo of Tomcat 5, Apache 1.3x, and JK work? I can't get it to
work. If I use the Connector syntax from Tomcat 4 for the ajp13 in
sever.xml, it can't find the class.

I'd prefer this combo because Tomcat 5 offers easy view of treads/jvm
memory, and I'd assume it's got better performance than Tomcat 4, but if
  this does not work I suppose I have to use Tomcat 4 - I need Apache
1.3x for mod_backhand to provide Apache redundancy.

Thanks,
Pete.

11/02/2004 17:00
Hi.

I've been following docs on setting this up (Apache 1.3x Tomcat 5.0.18,
jk) for the Tomcat examples, but I get "File does not exist:
/wwwroot/htdocs/examples/" in apache logs. I have Apache and Tomcat on
different boxes. I am not fussed about serving static content as I will
eventually use Apache for load balancing.

I must be missing something! Any ideas are appreciated.
Pete.
NB Ta for the stuff on web monitoring.

My Tomcat server.xml snippet is:
<!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
<Connector port="8009" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
debug="0" protocol="AJP/1.3" />

My Apache httpd.conf snippet is:
LoadModule jk_module          libexec/mod_jk.so
AddModule mod_jk.c
JKWorkersFile /wwwroot/conf/workers.properties
JKLogFile /wwwroot/logs/mod_jk.log
JKLogLevel info
JKLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M%:%S %Y] "
JKRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
JKMount /examples/*.jsp worker1
JKMount /examples/servlet/* worker1

My workers.properties is (apache machine):
ps=/
worker.list=worker1
# Settings for worker1
worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.host=10.2.0.72
worker.worker1.type=ajp13

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.