Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2005/06/22 22:14:30 UTC

Key signing at Apacecon

Since many of the devs here will be present either at ApacheCon or at
one of the other events around that time I'd like to remind folk that
this is an ideal time to sign one anothers PGP keys.

There is a doc in the committers SVN module which describes how to do
this (see docs/pgp-key-signing.txt).

The most important thing is to have printed up your finger print on
some scraps of paper.  That might look like this:

pub  1024R/187BD68D 1997-09-30 Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
   Key fingerprint = 90 AA 4C 16 6C 9D 12 DC  3D 8B 86 E5 0E 33 CE 52

All you need in Stuttgart is exchange those paces of paper. You can do
the rest later.

I'll have my bits of paper, my key needs signing.

Ross

Re: Key signing at Apacecon

Posted by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net>.
On Jun 22, 2005, at 1:14 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> All you need in Stuttgart is exchange those paces of paper. You can
> do the rest later.

I'd like to add that there will be a centralized keysigning event at
the Stuttgart conference, similar to the session we've done at the
Vegas shows the last couple of years.

Regards,

Sander