Posted to dev@yunikorn.apache.org by Lamber Ken <la...@apache.org> on 2020/06/08 10:32:57 UTC

[DISCUSS] Move documents into the website

Dear community,

Most doc files at master branch, it's unfriendly for readers.

So, spend some time to try to move these docs to site[1], the site is built based on docusaurus V2. it's an initial version, any thoughts?

Best,
Lamber-Ken

[1] https://apacheyunikorn.github.io

Re: [DISCUSS] Move documents into the website

Posted by Wilfred Spiegelenburg <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Based on the feedback you gave during the community sync using jekyll is
far more complex than using Docusaurus.
We can swap over and move to a different build system if that gives us a
better result. Version 2 seems to be needed if we want versioned
documentation.
If you think it is stable enough to build with then lets try to get it all
moved over.

Looking at what you have build now there are a couple of things left to
answer:
* We have used links inside and from one md file to another md file, do we
need to change the way we define them? On the site you have build the inter
doc links do not work and that could well be due to the way we have done
that or is that something that needs to be done manually.
* How much can be automated of the build? I as an example have no UI and
limited javascript knowledge. Can it be made so simple and fool proof so
that I could even publish a new documentation version?

Hosting on apache.org is a must but that should be possible with the new
build tool also, we just need to figure out what we need to change for that.

We would really appreciate if you could help us get this major change
worked out. We can help move docs from repo to repo and commit things but
would need your expertise on the build and setup.
Weiwei logged a jira for the work. You have been added as a contributor to
the project.
Let us know what else you need from us to get this started.

Wilfred

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.
Hi Lamber

Posted by Wilfred Spiegelenburg <wi...@apache.org>.
HI Lamber-Ken,

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.
Hi all

I've committed Lamber's patch to
https://github.com/apache/incubator-yunikorn-site/tree/site-v2.
I did some optimizations, and just published the new version website to
http://yunikorn.apache.org/.  Please check it out and let me know your
feedback!
BTW, I've enabled the [dark] mode, I am getting used to dark mode for too
long, and I am glad that docusaurus supports it nicely : )

Many thank Lamber for the contribution!

Thanks

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.
hi Lamber/Wilfred/Sunil