Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by David Illsley <da...@uk.ibm.com> on 2006/04/27 18:07:36 UTC

Using maven-proxy to speed up build times

You can use the maven-proxy tool to ensure that dependencies are only
checked+downloaded over the network once per build.

Rough steps to follow:
Download+Unzip maven-proxy from http://maven-proxy.codehaus.org/
Download/Write a maven-proxy configuration for the maven repositories for
axis2 and appropriate cache time
        My configuration at
http://hosting.davidillsley.co.uk/axis2/maven-proxy.properties (60 mins
cache time)

Start maven-proxy with configuration file
Configure maven to access the proxy by adding the property to your
${user.home}/build.properties  file:
        maven.repo.remote=http://localhost:9999/repository

Run maven as usual

Hope this helps,